Parks Driving School is an AA Driving School franchise, with the strength and backing of the AA and the flexibility of a local instructor.
Get the best possible tuition
As an Approved Driving Instructor, we work to a strict code of conduct to help you get the best possible tuition.
This guarantees that your instructor:
- is fully qualified
- uses an AA driver development card to track your progress
- adapts your tuition for you
- gives you a full lesson of one-to-one tuition
- does not smoke or use a mobile phone during your lessons
- does not carry passengers on your lesson
And our instructors have a friendly, patient approach to teaching. They believe the more you relax, the more you can learn. And if you enjoy your lessons, chances are you'll build up your confidence and your driving skills more quickly.
Qualified Driving Instructors
When you take driving lessons, check that there's a green badge in the windscreen of your instruction car. This means your instructor is fully-qualified. Some driving schools place learners with a trainee instructor - with a pink DSA badge, and still charge full lesson rates without revealing that the instructor isn't fully qualified.
Parks Driving School in association with the AA use fully qualified instructors. The green badge in the windscreen of your Driving School car assures you that your instructor has successfully completed the various stages of assessment to become a fully qualified expert.
Why Parks Driving School?
We understand that choosing a driving school can be a difficult decision. Therefore, we recommend you consider the following, whether you are looking to book your first ever lesson, or you have already passed your test and are looking for some advanced driving experienced:
- Don't assume the cheapest lessons are the best. Concentrate on getting great value for your money. At Parks Driving School, you will receive a discount on block bookings. We also have offers available on post-test tuition for motorway driving. Please contact us for more details.
- Check out how long a 'lesson' really is. Some driving schools offer lessons that are less than an hour long, or pick up and drop off other pupils on your lesson time. Parks Driving School offer generally 1 or 2 hour lessons, depending on your preference. Each lesson is one-to-one tuition.
- Make sure your instructor has a green badge in the windscreen to prove they are a fully qualified Driving Standards Agency instructor. As mentioned before, all Parks Driving School instructors are fully qualified driving instructors.
- Check that the car you'll drive has dual controls and is in good condition. Is there a spare car available in case of breakdown? Our cars are all dual controlled and a spare car of the same make & model will be made available.
- Check that the instructor can help with your theory test, and buy a good theory book or CD-ROM to help you practice. We can assist with theory tests.
- Make sure your instructor keeps a record of your progress and follows the official Driving Standards Agency syllabus. As an AA franchise we comply to a strict code of conduct which includes keeping records of progress.
- Apply for your theory test as soon as you start your lessons. We can assist with this.
- Agree with your instructor when to apply for your practical test (remember you need to pass your theory and hazard perception tests first). Our overall aim is to teach you safe driving for life.
- Take at least an hour a week, preferably two, of regular lessons with a qualified instructor. They will advise you on how much tuition you should need. Again, our aim is to teach you safe driving for life.
- Make sure your tuition car is available for a final lesson immediately before your test. We will ensure the car you will be using on your test will be available for the 1 hour before your test.
Learn to drive with us now.